View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Paul Sandoval's Pontiac Engine Books

I acquired the two books by Paul Sandoval in late Feb 2020 but because of the onset of the Covid-19 situation did not get to read them until just recently. Unlike many authors who have gone through publishers like Car Tech, Paul self-published his books and had them printed in the USA (Columbia, SC), something that is difficult that I applaud him for. The books mention his years working for GM before he went out and formed his own performance company. The books are a pair and based on his experience and knowledge gained over the years building high performance Pontiac engines for his customers.
The two books are titled Building Pontiac Torque and Power the Sandoval Performance Way, the second is Building a Strong Pontiac Combination for the Street. The two books are a pair since the first book covers a lot of short block info while the second one covers the upper end (heads, intakes, fuel, ignition, etc.). Mr. Sandoval goes into how he goes about preparing the short block and the machining operations (his recommendations regarding clearances, etc.), and his choices regarding various parts suppliers for Pontiac engines. In the second book he also covers drivetrain recommendations along with the performance buildups/parts recommendations.
Neither of the books have chapters, they have section headings through out so you know what is covered there. Book one lacks page numbers while book two does have page numbering. I used small sticky notes to divide the books up to where I could turn to sections that wanted easy access to. Both books are lavishly illustrated so you know what he is referring to.
In addition to the two Rocky Rotella books, I feel I have a very good library on how to build a sound high performance Pontiac engine. Personally, I can recommend you acquire these books as they cover things that are not in most of the other Pontiac engine books. As with most everything, opinions vary from individual to individual and this is one gearhead’s opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul Sandoval Books.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	537916  

"No replacement for displacement!"

GTOAA--https://www.gtoaa.org/