View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66
Do you remember where L'Ville Toyota used to be on Milwaukee Ave?? I think its a Napa now. As a matter of fact, the building I work in used to be Anthony Pontiac. They moved to Gurnee about 5 years ago and I believe the building was built in the 60's. How many GTO's were sold here??
Yeah, but it's APS, not NAPA. There was a lot on the east side of Milwaukee, across from L'ville Toyota, can't remember if it was used cars or a Nissan store, maybe v-dubs.

If you go north on Milwaukee, kitty corner to the Liberty Theatre, at a site now under construction, was were Bernard (now Libertyville) Chevy was located. They were there until 1968, at which time they moved to the current location south of downtown Libertyville. My Dad was one of the first 'new' customers at the new store; he ordered a '68 Chevy Impala sport sedan (four-door hardtop), 327, T-400, white with a black interior.

And at the site of the closed Shell station at the corner of 176 and Milwaukee, was Gustafson Motors, Libertyville's Pontiac dealer until a fire in 1967. The dealership reopened as Talman Pontiac, now Pauly Honda.

Here's a pic from the old days.....

The building is on the left side of the frame.