View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post

I raced at Norwalk, Cordova, Rt 66, Sikeston, Butler's, Dallas and other Pontiac events.
Never made it to the north east coast events, mainly they weren't all Pontiac or couldn't get time off to go.

I raced every week at our local track since 1986 when it opened back up.
Raced at Indy, Rt 66, Gateway and other tracks when they had bigger races or 'Nostalgia' type of races.

How about you?
How long have you been racing?
Won anything?

I've been racing since I was a pup(31 yrs now) and will go race any place I can. Hell, I went to a Podunk outlaw track this past weekend just to try something different. Even though I'm playing around and working out some issues with the car, when its was game time, we still went rounds.
When I was younger, I ran points for some years in the late 80's early 90's and represented my track at the Division 3 finals every September I raced points. I made it to the semi's one year at the bracket finals and have gone rounds every time I was there. I quit racing points because of the BS and commitment that goes with doing that when I had my kids, but I still raced. There were also years that I was lucky to get out a couple of times but I still did. There were years my car was apart so I'd either run my truck, another daily driver, or more recently, steal the old lady's car when she wasn't looking, but I still got out and raced. I know the trends and what's going on, do you??? Really???
I've had my fair share of wins, more than I care to think about Bridesmaids outings, and can go some rounds with the best of them. But I also don't bring up and live in my "glory days" of racing, and I think (outside of right now) I'm pretty modest of my racing "career" to this point.
I would prefer to go to a track or a race where there actually is a car count and some competition compared to something that just occurred this past weekend, that's no fun in my eyes.
I understand your point of some of the other internet racer your referring to but I'm sorry, you have no room to talk.
When was the last time you won anything?

Last edited by Rob B; 06-17-2015 at 03:45 PM.