View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 04:00 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtexan View Post
The rear axle is centered on the frame. Checked it this morning and measured from the inside of frame to center of upper side diff cover bolt and they were within 1/8th inch.

Every time I try to solve one of the issues with it, It fights back and says "Leave Me ALONE!!!" I love it and hate it at the same time

I'm also trying to lift this same side of the car to match pass side by adjusting the new rear coilovers. QA1 with 150lb springs. I started with a 1 inch lower difference on driver side (side that scrapes) at fender lip so I have tried to set the coilovers to raise it to reduce scrape. I set it to match pass side and every time I come back after test drive it settles back down to nearly same position. The difference between the sides is around 2 1/2 inches when measuring the amount of thread showing on the coilovers. I only wanted a 1 inch lift but that much diff at coilover seems excessive. Almost like something is locking into place and once it goes past that point, that is where it stays. I'm so frustrated!!

p.s. Had to temporarily remove tailpipes and will adjust location due to installing coilovers.
Maybe double check the measurement by measuring from the outside of the frame to the axle flange/drum where your wheel mounts to just to make sure the axle is really centered.

I am not liking the angle of those coil overs. It also looks like the way they are adjusted, that they will bottom out or coil bind. I think you might be better off with stock type coils. Also, the way the car sits is also affected by the front springs, so you might want to check those out too.