View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron, with the vast knowledge you have of speed equipment and you actually owning some chevys why would you think an LS engine is a SB chevy? It is called a small block, but chevy had nothing to do with the engineering or building of LS engines and except for common bore spacing there ain't a thing in common with the 2 engines. No more than a SB ford or chrysler has in common with the LS engines.

Please don't give chevy any credit for this world class engine because they didn't do anything to deserve it and if they did engineer it it wouldn't run as well as they do. Chevy never had a 400 HP stock small block in anything I ever knew they built or designed until the LS engines came along and they got them from GM powertrain same as cadillac and Pontiac and gmc do. Last year for a sb chevy in a passenger car was 1997. I own a 97 T/A with a 5.7 chevy in it and it don't run anywhere close to my 05 GTO LS engine. It'd take a bit of work and money to bring it anywhere near the LS engine because it lacks over 100HP to to start with. And if you did an equal amount of work and spent the same money on the LS engine it'd be more than 100 HP difference still. Just a superior design that chevy had nada to do with.
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated