View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Senior Chief

Years ago I found a 70 Esprit Firebird sitting at a farm house. When I seen it I knew that car would be mine, just a matter of time. Years later I find my 70 Formula and buy it. Looking the formula over the body appeared solid, it was a former Texas car. Shortly after buying the Formula I strike a deal on the 70 Esprit. It was a basket case, rust bucket (quarters, trunk pan), but had many useful parts, 12 bolt rear end to mention a few. Knowing the Esprit is a parts car and taking up valuable space in my shop I tare into it and salvage every part that unbolts from the rusty body. Once the shell was stripped it was hauled off to the scrap yard.
Months go by and the Formula is taken apart for body paint and interior. Once the car was taken down the true condition of the car was revealed, man did I miss a lot of damage and rust while inspecting the car before buying it.
The Blunder, the Formula needs to have floor panel replacement. Ironically the floor in the esprit car was flawless!
Assuming the floors in the Formula were solid cost me an excellent replacement floor pan/sections. Pictures are the parts car that was hauled off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7691.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	348594   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7689.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	348595