View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOEric View Post
Wow, I wondered what happened to that car.
The seller back in 2008 was the original purchaser here in Houston. He drove it for quite a while, then sold it to a relative in California. After about 10 years out there, he bought it back and drove it back to Houston. It sat at his house for a while, until I needed a spare car. I bought it from him and daily drove it for about a year and a half, 80 miles a day, on the original 301 4bbl/Metric 200 trans. I kept it for a while longer and then sold it to a friend of the original owner in 2013, who flipped it to the guy in Katy. Katy owner swapped the engine/trans and wheels/tire, then put it up for sale. Glad to see it finally found a new home. Original owner and I thought about that type of engine/trans swap for a long time, but couldn't get past the interior plastics all disintegrating so badly, so never did. BTW, it's the car in my sig below.
GTOEric,
Thanks for the reply, and the history of the car. I spoke with the current owner last night, it is still in the Houston area. I am currently working on buying it.
-Dave

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455