View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...Already worked a deal where they are swapping me a new design 5Ah battery for the old design battery..."

Just out of curiosity, who are the "they", in this "deal" you "worked". And exactly what does this deal involve ?

Also wondering how you get by "test driving" so many saws, then returning them. ??? Are you good friends with some of the employees ? Or, can anybody just try as many saws as they like, then return all those they don't wanna keep ?

All the saws I'm considering can be ordered & shipped. But so far, I haven't found any which are in stock at any stores in my area.

I remember taking "test drives" in lots of trucks I was thinking of buying. But, I can't see myself buying a new chainsaw, using it, then returning it, because I found another model I wanna try. But, it sounds like a great way to find just exactly the saw you like. If you can get by with it, it sounds like a great system !

I'm guessing that if I pay for a NEW saw, then when I open the box discover that it has been used, THEN I'd take it back. Now, if they tell me that somebody tried it, only used it a very little, offer me a much lower than new price, AND offer full NEW saw warranty, THEN I might consider it.