View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"...Don't forget about 10% Coupons on eBay for Lowes and Home Depot if you don't have direct access to any of them.
Some of them are only usable In-Store , so pay attention to that."

Very interested in this. Never heard of buying a coupon, in order to get a store discount. Please provide more info/links/etc. I'm especially interested in any discount I might could get on items that have to be ordered.

I get the 10% vet discount from Lowes, & even got it at HD recently. BUT, it doesn't apply to ALL in-store items. They say it doesn't apply if the item is "on sale". Well, since they sell most larger items cheaper than other stores, they post the list price, then say the item is "on sale", even if it's their everyday price on the item. This happened to me a while back, at Lowes. When the cashier rings up the item & tries to apply the vet discount, the computer will tell her if it can apply to that item, or not. When I questioned her, she said that LOTS of higher priced items were that way.

The 10% discount is worth $30, on a $300 item, so it's definitely worth considering. It will at least pay the tax.

Has anybody here been able to apply their vet discount OR a coupon discount on items ordered thru Lowes or HD ? Could it possibly be applied if you go to one of the stores & have them order the item for you ???

Well, this may answer one of my questions. "...Note: The Lowe’s military discount policy applies to online purchases at Lowes.com..."

According to the info on this site, the vet discount can apply to online purchases at Lowes, but NOT HD. I can NOT verify this info, right now. But, I'll do some more research. If true, I'll definitely consider ordering thru Lowes.

https://themilitarywallet.com/home-d...tary-discount/

Last edited by ponyakr; 10-28-2020 at 07:49 PM.