View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az
Default Going cross country (again) in a 1972 GTO 455HO WW5

There has been much talk and topics here concerning WW5 GTOs and I think that is great. Afterall, a WW5 optioned GTO was Pontiacs ultimate effort at a real high performance, true road touring and handling GTO, right? Obviously the best overall performance ( and most expensive ) GTO.
Well, it seems I am the only one really driving one. Am I correct? I don't mean a few whimpy thousand miles a year, I mean really driving and enjoying ownership of having suce a rare and great automobile as a WW5 GTO.
This one I have had since '83. I just love it, I cannot tire of it. Everytime I get in to go to the store or a ride or whatever, I just love it! The newness and excitment has not worn off a bit. You guys should try it, you may like it. I just cannot wait to get in it the next time for another thrill ride in such a fine piece of Pontiac performance history.
I've put about 130,000 miles it her in the last 7 years. Last Friday, I have started another extended road trip in my WW5. I have already put 3,000 miles on her since Friday ( 5 days ) and more tonight. This trip alone will probably be 6-7,000 miles.
The car is a real pleasure.
I even tow with it. In fact, I just finished towing a '75 Trans Am with my WW5 from Phoenix to Columbus, Oh. It tows just great!
So far, I've had her through the mountains and deserts of Az, then, Nm, Tx panhandle, OK, AR, TN, KY, and OH, then back through Ky and TN. We'll be back into OH, Pa, NY, IN, IL, MO, KS, at least.

Everyone loves the GTO! Kids love it, geezers love it, gals love it. I only wish more people would really drive them instead of being focused on being able show one.

so, if you see a red '72 GTO on the roads and hiways, say hello!
And thanks to Pontiac for building such a great road car!

More later..
Steve Barcak www.pontiacheaven.org
"Real Pontiacs only...no corporate nonsense!"

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11

Last edited by Steve Barcak; 09-26-2007 at 06:18 PM.