Thread: Carb physics
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 08:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Those carbs are way tilted. And my garage opening is not very wide -u can see in my profile pic. So I lose power steering going backwards down a hill and aiming for hole perhaps a foot and half wider than the car. Always interesting moment when warmer weather rolls in. Drives perfect on flat surface.

For sure you need to lined up pretty good if/when you loose power.

Speaking of garage stories a very dedicated Pontiac enthusiast asked me to build a TH400 for him about 20 years back, but he chose a local "builder" instead. Somehow during the process of firing it up and filling it with fluid it was in reverse and it backed off the jacks, out thru his garage door, across the alley and into the neighbors garage! I guess the "builder" had installed some type of reverse VB and somehow it was in reverse instead of neutral and he wasn't using a neutral safety switch........

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),