Thread: Carb physics
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 02:55 PM

Default 🔰 I totally agree with JSchmitz...

Totally agree, the end carbs don’t have anything to do with idle, as they only dump gas. There’s no fuel ‘circuit’ on them. The center carb does everything that’s important.

To the original poster: I’ve experienced accelerator pump ‘sticking’ issues...although your not really ‘accelerating’. I remember mine used to ‘stumble’ when even the slightest gas/accelerator was applied. Check to see if the accelerator pump is binding...

I tend to agree that the choke may not be warming up the fuel. Have you tried installing an electronic choke ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchmitz View Post
”As far as determining which carb it may be, are you serious? I'd say it has to be the center carb unless he's hammering it full throttle in reverse.”

389 .030 400ci Tri Power, .068 cam, HO manifolds, M-20 4 SPD, '70 12 Bolt 3:36 Chevrolet posi-traction, Montero Red, Parchment gut, VINTAGE AIR, PFDB, Bilsteins, F&R HD Sways, Hotchkis rear bags, Firestone Indy 500 shoes
What's the point of owning a muscle car if you can't scare yourself stupid from time to time