View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Circa. late 70's. I had a 70 GTO 400 ISKY cam, 4 speed, Saf-T-Trac 3.73 geared with Hooker headers, header mufflers, scatter shield, ladder bars, L-60 tires (remember those?) Accel distributor, super coil, Hurst super shifter, driveshaft loop. The car was bad azz and I got pulled up on all the time. Raced a 70 Camaro several times never lost. Raced one of those yellow Olds with the box on the hood and kicked his butt. One night a blue metal flake Road Runner with Cragers on it pulls up next to me. We raced twice and he lost and was visibly upset. I had one friend who was a typical no car MOPAR freak and didn't think my car was fast and says there is a Road Runner who could kick my azz, so I said is it metal flake blue with Cragers on it? He says yeah, how did you know? I says I beat him TWICE last night. He says: NO WAY! that car has a HEMI in it! lol

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge