View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some years back I purchased what I thought was the correct air cleaner for my 67 428 non HO Bonneville., The build sheet indicated that my car came with a HD air cleaner. It was the same one you posted. the HD taller version. I say taller as compared to the correct for the 428 4bbl non HO slimmer profile chrome lid version which I recently acquired after a long search.

I was told by many that the 428 4bbl non HO cars in 67 only came with this slimmer air cleaner and it only fit the Quadrajet carb while the 400 cars came with the Carter carb which fits the taller air cleaner you have shown. The taller air cleaner never fit my Quadrajet while the other does. If you have a 400 in your GP I would think that air cleaner you show is correct for your car. If I recall that sticker is not reproduced but you can always find a good artist/graphic designer to replicate it.

Its interesting in the photo of the brochure that you see the slimmer version on the HO motor while almost every 67 428 HO car I have seen has the open air cleaner.

Something else that stands out is on my window sticker its called a dual stage air cleaner and on the build sheet its a HD air cleaner, see pictures. Guess GM didn't settle on one name for 1967. I also posted a side view of the slimmer profile 428 4bbl Quadrajet chrome lid air cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	py pic.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	578506   Click image for larger version

Name:	py pic 2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	578507   Click image for larger version

Name:	py 3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	578509  

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.

Last edited by Mark Simiele; 11-24-2021 at 10:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Simiele For This Useful Post: