Thread: Fuel pump
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 12:24 AM

Bringing back an old(ish) thread because my 22 year old Carter M6907 pump finally died. I called Carter for a rebuild kit and they sent me to Then and Now Automotive in Weymouth, MA. They manufacture rebuild kits here in America and have a kit listed online (CK6907) but I called in to ask a couple of questions. I spoke to Tom, he was very knowledgeable and asked me a few questions about my pump (most important-is it USA or China made and what is the casting number.) It turns out they can send you different springs for the diaphragm to adjust the fuel pressure. Stock Carter M907 is a minimum of 6 1/2 psi (he figured even more.) He sent me springs to go higher (not what I wanted for my tri power) or lower, closer to 4 or 5 psi, which is what I wanted to achieve with a new regulator. I'll be doing the rebuild over the next couple of days and will report back with the results.

You can look up Then and Now Automotive on youtube to see the rebuild process for a Carter fuel pump. No reason to not DIY.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrArt2u For This Useful Post: