View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

When I was injured on the job (Jan 2000), and was living/working in Memphis TN, I sought some temporary work as a delivery driver by a chain deli by the name of Jason's Deli. I worked with a bunch of teenagers, and mostly younger adults. I was amazed at how many of them used drugs of all kinds.

One of my co workers, and I decided to start a rumor that beginning in 2 weeks they were going to start drug testing. (the fast food industry usually doesn't do drug testing). The rumor would ultimately tell who was using drugs, because they were all talking about it. The employees were panicked as the rumor spread throughout the store, all tolled there was roughly 60 employees working there at the time. After hearing the rumor we figured out that 4 people out of the 60 would pass a drug test, 56 people would be out the door. I guess you can easily see why the fast food industry doesn't drug test, there would be even less people working there.

One guy I remember said he was going to quit smoking dope, I asked him why. His reply was I'm 32 years old, have 2 kids, and was married. He continued that his dream job was to work at Gibson Guitars, he was also a musician. He further went on to say he's always worked as a delivery driver since high school because they didn't drug test, but saw no future being limited by his drug habit. Last I knew he did quit, and got a job at Gibson. That's the exception to the rule from what I saw, that was 22 years ago.

I knew one asst manager that worked at a BK I ate at frequently, she was a heroin addict. She was found dead at her home one day.

Being in the automotive industry most of my life, I've seen all the people that abuse alcohol, and smoke weed daily. One Buick dealer I worked at mechanics, parts dept., and service managers would road test cars and stop at a bar during the road test. The bartender would see them pull up in front in a Buick , and see who got out of the car, and have a shot, and a beer poured before they got through the front door, it went on every day. The owner was just as bad. usually a couple times a week he'd take a 2 hour lunch and come stumbling back to the dealership.

There are a ton of people that use drugs in our society, it's pretty sad they need these crutches to deal with day to day life.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated