View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 11:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

OK....so now that we have all the saddle interior guys together here....I will tell my story......

In the spring of 1990.......I bought a white 72 TA.....with saddle standard trim.....

Other than a little crust in the rear wheel arches.......it was pretty solid #'s matching driver survivor...with one cheap paint job...after a front end collision..

I drove it and tinkered with a few things....till the late 90's......

We stripped it down......replaced the lower rear quarters.......and that's when I stalled.....

I was seriously considering painting it Lucerne Blue.......and installing a nice black 71 deluxe interior.....that I already had...

Got into some other projects and basically shelved the 72..........for about 20 years........

I have a white 71 4 speed TA with blue interior now.......and really want a blue one to match.....so I'm back on the 72....and still thinking about painting it blue......with either a black....blue or tuxedo interior....and it will also get a clutch pedal...

I realize that it's rare......prolly being the ONLY white 72 TA built with saddle interior, unitized distributor and cassette deck......but would it be worth more than a blue stick....with a black or tuxedo interior?

It is just a paint job.....and transmission swap.......and could be restored back to stock...when I'm done with it...

After 30 years......I just can't warm up to that "cowboy brown" interior...

Pics posted are from 1990....when I bought it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	left side.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	563293   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	563294   Click image for larger version

Name:	cassette.jpg
Views:	320