View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 07:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I met Louie Billotti on several occasions. Very, very nice guy. Originally born and raised in Brooklyn before moving to Jersey. He grew up not to far away from Nunzi’s shop. I’m told as a teenager he spent some time hanging around the shop. He purchased his 68 GTO brand new and from day one Nunzi is the only person to work on the car. I saw the car years ago and it was low miles and original paint. The car is a true survivor and in immaculate condition. Louie was a true car guy and would help organize a track rental at Atco for all his car friends. I literally found out about his passing yesterday while listening to the local news on the radio. RIP Louie, the Brooklyn Pontiac guys will miss you!

The amazing thing is that they only paid him $450 for the shoot. About 10 years ago a friend of mine was paid $700 for the one day use of his 66 Cutlass convertible for a movie shoot. In the end the movie was cancelled and never released.

Another friend of mine owns the 68 Grand Prix that was used in the movie “Goodfellas”. I don’t know what he was paid but he did say he was sorry he let them use the car. The scene where they hosed down the trunk was real. They soaked the trunk, wet the entire back seat and ruined the package tray. They also returned the car to him with scratches in the paint.