View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Please don't misunderstand anything that I am about to write as I am not familiar with your case in any way. I'm not trying to say that your doing this.

"A FACT that gets lost in all the rhetoric is I took a 60% CUT in pay. What person in their right mind would do that UNLESS they had to."

I know lots of people that would gladly take a 60% cut in pay if it meant they didn't have to work anymore. You may think that no one in there right mind would do that, but I bet most people on this board know people that would do that.

Again, I am in no way saying that is what you are doing. I'm just saying that there are plenty of people that would be willing to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
Absolutely, John. Congenital degenerative disc disease and juvenile onset arthritis. According to my orthopedist, I have the back of a 75 yr. old man (at 51). I'm currently fused at L4/L5 (disc failure) and will require another fusion procedure at L5/S1 (disc failing) some time in the near future. Just think......MORE TSA pat-downs because of all the metal I have already. They're goin' LOVE me..... A FACT that gets lost in all the rhetoric is I took a 60% CUT in pay. What person in their right mind would do that UNLESS they had to. A friend of mine had to medically retire at 50 due to advanced arthritis. Randy was a plumber making about $70K a year. He draws just slightly more than I do.