View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
Please don't misunderstand anything that I am about to write as I am not familiar with your case in any way. I'm not trying to say that your doing this.

"A FACT that gets lost in all the rhetoric is I took a 60% CUT in pay. What person in their right mind would do that UNLESS they had to."

I know lots of people that would gladly take a 60% cut in pay if it meant they didn't have to work anymore. You may think that no one in there right mind would do that, but I bet most people on this board know people that would do that.

Again, I am in no way saying that is what you are doing. I'm just saying that there are plenty of people that would be willing to do it.
Maybe it's my upbringing, but I LOVED to work. Nothing made me happier than going to work every day. I miss the smell of hot oil, creaking of contracting metal, the chirping of a carbide cutter slicing through iron. I miss the comradeship of my fellow workers (some of which became good friends). I know there are people that would be willing to commit fraud in order to stop working. My question is WHERE are their souls?

Dr. Thomas Sowell