View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
The ultimate Solstice was the Hot Rod car. I helped build that at the Advanced Vehicle Integration Shop , AVI, at GM. This was a monster. It had a lot of engineering in it. I am a technician for GM at the Warren Tech Center. That car flat out flew. It was one of the most fun projects I got to work on so far in my 30 years at GM. I like yours Cammer Jeff. I remember when you were looking at it. I was in the Royal Pontiac Club with you. I had the white 1986 Grand Prix and my kids had the black 97 GTP and gold 86 Fiero when we raced at Milan during our club days. GM had a book on the Solstice, on the road racing mods and in the back was an article on the Hot Rod car. Even though they did not build it. I have a copy of it somewhere.
Hi Jerry, Glad to see you are still into Pontiac's, Still Have the GP?

I agree any V8 Solstice or Sky if done well are very fun and nice driving cars. I don't care for the interior mods done to this car, but it is well worth the less than $16,000 it is bid up to at this time. Also the ad says it has A/C, but I do not see the Compressor or lines under the hood. But there are not very detailed underhood shots.

They probably paid over $20,000 for the conversion including the Tremec 6-speed.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)