View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 07:38 PM

Thanks to all for your replies and comments. Any info on this car is certainly welcome, as there's not much of a paper trail on it unfortunately. I'm going on hearsay from previous owner.
The story goes: sold new in San Diego, a woman bought it. Wanted the 3spd because insurance was cheaper than a 4spd. She sold it to a neighbor who had it for a few years. Was then purchased by a gentleman who lived in Phoenix. Spent time there till he relocated to Florida, where it was stored in one of those inflatable bubbles for a good part of 25 yrs. He then sold it to a dealer in NC where I found it. He had the car for 7yrs where it mostly sat.
I tried to contact the dealership that sold it new. As fate would have it, the dealership was sold about a half year ago.
I pulled the rear seats & removed the carpet looking for build sheet, had the tank out also. Nothing. I hear it was sometimes put on top of glovebox. Will be checking there next.
With all your helpful advice, I'll be pulling the motor/trans out this coming weekend. Thanks again!