View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You can use a multimeter to check continuity between the wires at the coil, and and the two positions coming out of the bulkhead connector that are shown in the wiring diagram to verify the correct 2 wires are going to the coil. You can then check voltage to each of them to verify if the resistor wire is still doing its job. Here's what I did on my 65 which had two wires to the coil like yours. CAVEAT: I don't care about perfect originality. And, I had already replaced the resistor wire at the bulkhead for full 12v.
I cut the two wires at a convenient location to wire them together in a ring terminal, connected to a junction block on the firewall. Now I have a permanent place to trigger relays etc for anything requiring key switched, crank/run power. I ONLY use it to trigger relays so as not to overtax the original circuits. If I can find a picture I'll post it.
ETA: you could power a 4 position fuse panel this way via a 40 amp relay, (with appropriate gauge wiring) and then feed the coil from one, the Sniper from one, and have a couple spares. As long as your ignition no longer requires the resistor wire.

Last edited by Scott65; 05-04-2022 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Addition