View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, so not a stock system up front. You will have to unbolt the trans from the torque tube and lower it down about 2-3 inches to release the tension on the torque shaft. Then you can slide the transaxle assembly to the rear & lower it down. You will probably have to remove the fuel tank to get room to move the transaxle around. This "Rebuilt transmission" that the customer has?? Is he sure its serviceable? This is a lot of work for something that may not be any good. I would at least pull the trans pan & scope it out to make sure it looks fresh before installing. One thing that always concerns me is on the front of the transmission is the torque shaft coupler. This assembly has 2 splined pieces with 4 hard rubber squares in it with a thin sleeve that holds everything together. These parts are unobtanium!! If they are not in good condition or totally worn out, there will be a hell of a rattle when the engine is shut off. I would pull the front cover off of the old trans & inspect these pieces to understand what I'm talking about. Then, make sure the rebuilt trans has a good set in it.

POCI.org