View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 02:15 PM

Davesgto,

Agreed. I think this car is too nice and not that rare of a car to do a restoration like you did. It was a one owner w/ protect o plate and it was ordered with the endura frt clip, but it is still a lemans sport at the end of the day. I just want a nice gto clone that can be put back original if a future owner wants to. At 57 I've got to be realistic I can't wait another 10-15 yrs to finish it and if I wanted to spend 50k or more I would take the previous advise given and buy a real gto finished, but I still would never be comfortable driven a 50k-60k dollar car on a daily basis. When I finish this car I want to be able to drive it and park it anywhere I go. Just like I do now. This is the perfect car for that. If I was Still in my 30s or 40s it would be a different story, maybe, but if I had a dollar for every time I saw a classic car for sale that said selling due to illness, I'd be rich. When your young and healthy you feel invincible. That's how I felt until October of last year. I'm still healthy, but life is fragile and can be scary. I'm not sure how old you are, but when you have a health scare and your friends are dropping like flies it can mess with your head a little or wake you up. Let's face it 70 yrs or so is about all we've got on the earth as far as crawling around cars and what not. There comes a time when one has to pick and choose their projects to finish. I'm there.