View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've read all 36 pages (started before this page went down for updating, continued today)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Formula400
Full factory style quarter-panels for 1970-73 Firebirds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebe
70-73 Firebird Tail Panel.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70TransAm
Correct Trunk Drop Off Panel
for 70-73 Firebirds.
I agree with these three posts whole heartedly...

I was at the CI showroom in mid june (2005), and saw full quarters for '67/8 Firebirds, '69 firebirds, and the real teaser was '70 Camaros... it can't be too far off... their camaro cat also list the rear tail panel...

I also saw fisrt gen bird grilles... I'm not a 1st gen guy, but they looked good...

PY has been doing a great job of making some pieces, I really like the repop 70-71 Espri/ Formula bumper bird... really close...

There's a (supposedly) Butler repeop RAIV intake/ heads in the works - but I saw an auction for (?)the parts place that had an undated RAIV intake...? anyone have an update... with the butler pieces you were even supposed to be able to specify a date code...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd-TX:
Ccass:
How about a fuel tank sending unit for a '72 Formula 400?
I found out earlier this year that the 70-73 Firebird 4bbl fuel sender isn't available... I might have found one source, but I'm not even sure of them... most people I talk to modify the I-6/ V-8 2bbl sender... I'm sure there's a market there too...

I've also noticed that the 1st gen camaro bumperettes have their rub strips available - mabey someone could check if it's similar to the 71-73 Firebird buperette rub-strips... or mabey the originnal maker of those rub strips still makes them... Sorry, I can't find a GM part number...

What about correct 1973-1974 Firebird rubber floor mats? (in various colours of course!) – these ones are a little oversized (compared to the 1975-1981 mats) and often are completely wrecked after 30+ years of use…

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerboy
Reproduction JW/KR Rally II wheels (15" wheel with 14" center).
Great idea!

Quote:
Originally posted by Judge Smails:
The front/bottom sections of the 70-81 rear frame rails where they run parallel to the ground. Please see ebay auction # 4557978668, which I won. THIS is where they virtually always rust out, almost never in the area which the present repro covers. There is a huge market for this part as it would fit all Gen2 Camaros as well, and tooling costs should be fairly minimal. Reproducing this part would make INFINITELY more sense than the utterly bizarre decision to reproduce the 70-81 F-body trunk lids, which number well into the TRILLIONS used. Thank you.
There probably is a big market for these – it took me quite a while to find a set of decent used ones for my car…