View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Exhaust model to test fit TD system

So while my car has been down waiting for opti to get rebuilt, I continued considering my exhaust.

I havent been happy with it for a while, so I was going to rebuilt the Y, and call it a day, but one of my coworkers (builds dirt track cars) said he would fab up a true dual system for me.

Anyways, being an engineer, I got under there and took tons of measurements, both from the car and the existing exhaust. I then got on ProE and built a solid model to see what bends and pipe lengths I would need, and also to test fit everything, so we can mock it up faster.

So I finally finished up.
The system is basically a clone of the Kooks 3" system, BUT I used 2.5" pipe and the mufflers are sweet thunders 18" long, and of course my FLP headers use a Vband flange.

Here are the results

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires