Thread: G8 6spd swap?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post
Because it's more money and trouble than it's worth.

Consoles are NOT the same.

Don't confuse AFM with Skip Shift. NOT THE SAME. You really need to educate yourself on the cars and understand what it would take to do the job. Not saying it can't be done but after all the time effort and money you'd be better off just buying a GXP.
I wasnt going to reply, but the sheer level of arrogance and ignorance and lack of reading comprehension is forcing my hand.

I realize the active fuel management and the skip shift are not the same. next you want to tell me how a 14" wheel and a 18" wheel arent the same.

how do you know the consoles arent the same? DaveGA used the same one with a holden shift boot on his conversion.

as I have said it before, and now again hopefully this time you will understand. I AM NOT CONVERTING A G8 TO A MANUAL TRANSMISSION.
This is simply a hypothetical/has somebody done it discussion thread as this is a discussion forum
. not a "hey Mr GTO says its all too hard dont do it" thread.

if you seriously cant handle a discussion I suggest you leave this thread alone.

Im not sure what your problem is, but I suggest you go work on your life so hopefully you dont have to argue and fling insults on an internet forum to feel good about yourself.

68 Firebird 400, YC 400, Hbeam rods, ported 670 heads (2.11i, 1.77e valves), 1.65 RRs, Torker 2 intake, Nodular Crank, Eaton Limited Slip, Richmond 3.55 gears, M-20 M4
97 Trans Am WS6, LT1, M6, FLP LTs, Cutouts, Flowmaster catback, Jet Airfoil, K&N air filter, MSD Opti and Coil
14 Fiat 500e 83kW motor, 24kWh lithium ion battery, +2 sized summer tires