Thread: G8 6spd swap?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainofiron View Post
are you talking about Dave GA? He is the first to do it I believe, however I dont think his conversion is a good representation because he has a really hot motor and he went all out on the parts, you could get stock LS stuff for way cheaper than what he did, not to mention not all the one off stuff he got from manufacturers.

if Dave GA did it for around 8K with all the race/high end custom parts Im sure that you could do it cheaper. One of the Australian companies has a complete kit for 5K Australian dollars, from the pedals to the drive shaft.
Yep - same guy. You're right, he really built that motor and I think he initially had some issues with the clutch and rear handling all that power and getting it to the wheels. I haven't spoken with him in a while now - last time I saw him was at a local meet and he was still collecting parts at that time - then later saw some discussion on it over at the G8 board.

Didn't know about the Austrailian company offering a complete kit. That's tempting for either an A6 GT or an A6 GXP. Shoot me a PM with a link if you don't mind.

BJ