Thread: New build
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default New build

Just over a year ago I crated up all the pieces I had for my all aluminum twin turbo motor that will go in the 70 GTO. I sent the crate to a shop in the Midwest that I am absolutely certain can get the job done right the first time. It has been in line, waiting its turn, and last month (Nov) work began.

The first job will be the cylinder heads. The Warp6 heads don't need much in the way of port work. I did have KRE CNC port the exhaust side and go with the big exhaust valve (1.850"). But the intake side was left alone with the standard 2.250" valve size. Most of the work will be in the combustion chamber to work with the pair of 75mm turbo's. Seats are for Ti valves, and will need changing. Likely take the exhaust side to 1.880" when we replace them with the Moldstar90 valve seat material that Ferrea recommended.

I have many of the major parts for the longblock. Need pistons, rods, lifters, pushrods and custom hydraulic roller. Foundation is a Gen II All Pontiac aluminum block and a CCW Bryant Billet crank (4.125" stroke). Should come in at 468-474 ci. The heads require a minimum 4.250" bore. TBD.

I will occasionally post progress results, and whatever pics I can get.

I expect this to easily take most or all of 2019 to complete. At some point, when the long block is finished and we have to get the intake and exhaust sides done I will likely need to ship the car so the headers/turbo mounts can be fabbed. Engine is mounted with front and rear plates. so no need for a trans.