View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 12:20 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttergto View Post
I have already wasted about $700.00 on a radiator with a cap that is not oriented parallel to the radiator, supposedly for a 1965 GTO. I have questioned Ames Performance about this several times with no answer. Rather frustrating, I guess I didn't know what questions to ask before the purchase, but you would think the cap orientation is so obvious that it would be correct.
Uttergto, the last time we spoke I was under the understanding that any discrepancies or questions were cleared up. I apologize if that was not the case. Before this thread was started we spoke about the cap orientation as well as the cooling abilities of the radiator. I understand that your original cap is parallel to the radiator, which some are. We have also seen the caps on original radiators rotated diagonally like the one you have received. This is something that none of us have an answer for; many things have been done on the Pontiac/Harrison assembly line without any rhyme or reason. As far as the cooling is considered, many of the members posting here have some good points; usually it is not the radiator, but one of the many other possible causes being listed. Please don't worry about the white residue, this is a light corrosion that copper releases when it comes in contact with any moisture; this is completely harmless and was most likely from the factory leak and pressure testing. Please feel free to email or call me with any other questions or concerns. Thank you!

Kyler @ Ames
1(800)421-2637
kyler@amesperf.com