View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 03:51 PM

The owner I believe was from Ridgefield. The car body and paint was done by Jazz Man Customs in Portland (Where I stumbled across the photos)
I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about the shaker addtion and the T-tops. However the car had a Doug Nash 5 speed and a bunch of suspension modifications. The front end had the arms and spindles replaced with roundy round parts, the rear springs were on sliders with a track bar, cowl frame braces under the hood and the roll bar looked to be installed well. I believe it had 10" wheels on the front and 12's on the rear. Which wasn't easy back before billet wheels were everywhere.
And there was some goofy stuff. Like the 2 square grilles in the tail light panel. They were plumbed to a pair of fans that sucked air from the rear wheel wells. The owner said they would blow smoke jets out when doing a burnout. I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I don't believe the seller set up the suspension just the rest of the car. In real life the front end looked much better than the photos show here.
But definitely a 70s show piece.
I remember my buddy joking about how bad the new owner's buyer's remorse was going to be in the morning after bring a coyote ugly car home.

Last edited by VCho455; 06-07-2021 at 04:02 PM.