View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
The detail I am looking for in those rod cap and big end photos is the impression from the numbers and lettering on the back side of the bearings.

If that impression is not clearly readable in the cap or the big end, then the bearing was moving, which is not good!
I think that was ok, I can see the impression on most of the big ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
The only reason to not go with a stroker other gas usage is your stock heads.
If you’d making more then enough torque you will only havd more , and if you don’t then also add a bigger Cam then your HP peak will be attained at a even lower rpm then before.

Stock iron heads used on a street type motor of 455 cid or larger are done to the point of sticking a fork in it by 5200 rpm.
Will the round port heads make use of the extra cubes and give me a little more rpm? Most of my driving is around town cruising. With the 3.55s and the TH400 I'm around 3-3500 on the freeway. However, if I'm going to build this thing from scratch again, it will see some occasional Wednesday night drag action. I've been avoiding the track (and the drive there) because of the oil leak.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3335.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	581998  

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)