Thread: Edmonton guys
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgenge View Post
Edmonton Chapter has over 130 members, Calgary Chapter has about 80. We have a bit of everything in our club, Good to see you still on the board Jon, when you going to Norwalk again?
Probably not any time soon.

I just wanted to check that show out, and decided to spice it up by running my Grand Am ~ and I had alot of fun too ~ meeting up with you guys was just the icing on the cake...

I got married in 2014, and we're expecting next month ~ So getting my Firebird rebuilt aside, I'm guessing it will be some time before I can venture out to the "mid-west" again...

A couple years before the Pontaic Nationals, I attended the Trans Am Nationals in Dayton ~ that time I drove a Firebird there...

But I aspire to get my '70 Formula done, and go here;
http://www.purestockdrags.com/p/blog-page.html
http://www.purestockdrags.com/p/rules.html
... and I'll be doing my Firebird to adhere to their rules.

Are there any events held at Castrol that you guys (or the Edmonton branch of Iron Indians) attend?
I last went to Castrol on July long 2012... and I've ben itching to go again...
unfortunately it was with a more recently purchased 'wrong-wheel-drive' car
Actually Guidos was there with his G8 (I had met him even before I started going on the internet) - I borke into the 13's that night and was pretty proud of that fact, but he did even better - he was 1/2-3/4 of a second faster than me...
oh well.

Man do I miss Race City - it might have sucked near the end, but at least it was a quarter mile track that wasn't three hours away!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	castrol july long 2012.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	386719  

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)