View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
I just gotta say, ALL of you guys have made some GREAT posts in this thread.

Having done what BigBrother suggested with my '62 Safari with no results, I am going to respectfully disagree. In my opinion, the eBay 'market value' idea would require an every-eight-weeks listing thru the course of a year so that you can get a statistical convergence (which I didn't do)...of course then you have a year of market variance sprinkled into the mix.

Slightly off-topic, but in a way I am glad that my collection lacks the 'special' factor...my GP's original engine is long gone, my Safari is a heavily patina-ed survivor and the others are nice but nothing Jay Leno is gonna beat down my door for...

Anyway, keep us abreast of how things transpire.
All you gotta do is do a 'completed listings' search on your favorite e-bay search right now, and you will find that for 14 pages of stuff that is completed only about 1 page worth has sold or had bids. I am glad I did not do this before I listed the stuff I just did or I would have just bagged it. It is really bad b/c that means that even more stuff will end up turned into shipping containers or whatever.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress