View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Originally, on '71 & 72 455 HO & I believe '70 RA builds, there was a stamped steel clip that bolted down off the front & rear motor mount mtg bolts. I've also ran across instances where the rear mtg hole on the long style mount was the only one that used that clip, & a loop style clip bolted further forward off of an oil pan bolt. The latter method may have been a dealership service procedure(?) both routing methods kept the starter wires away from the large exhaust manifold.

On the sideways tube deal, believe Pontiac originally routed the positive starter cable on '68 & 69 HO & RA engines through a sideways version of the tube. This original method basically helped cook the positive starter cable. last year, Winston (69HurstJudge) posted his concern with that style of routing & I believe instead uses the later clip method on his '69.
i must have the "short" motor mount? I bought Ames N180F that has a comment in the catalog that says "This clip mounts to the front engine mount bolt. The short front clip is currently unavailable.". Is this the only clip i need or is there another one that mounts to the rear motor mount bolt? the pic on the package seems to show this clip mounts to the rear motor mount bolt, along with the starter reinforcement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220618_191237154.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	592971