Thread: Clutch travel
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
I still have a little scratch sound when I power shift or shift at higher RPMs. I don’t know if I should bring the pedal UP/DOWN or adjust the stop. Before I ever drove the car I brought the clutch pedal up even with the brake. My nephew and everyone else that drove it has commented on how great it drove and the pedal felt it just scratches when you power shift/short shift. Suggestions,?
What do you mean by scratches? and is this noise coming from the clutch pedal area or from outside the car? Normal driving it doesn't make any noise? Going from memory you used the firewall bracket from Bowler Transmission correct, did you use there master cylinder? I have the kit from Modern driveline and it uses a F body Master cylinder when I first installed the unit it made a bit of scratch noise while depressing the pedal I found that I needed to shim the hiem joint out at the pedal mount to get a straight throw of the rod as it was rubbing against the plastic seal cup of the master and once the system was bled no further issues , but if its only high speed I would verify travel of the master again in relation to the pedal stop, The height adjustment up will have no effect on travel but if you lowered the pedal height at a point it will start to effect travel or it did in my case anyways I ended up shortening the hiem joint that was supplied. Problem is all these kits are for 64-67 Chevelle/ A body cars, The Chevelle must have a slightly different floor pan as all the instructions say the pedal should bottom out on the floor as the stroke runs out on the master. No matter what I did in my car the pedal came nowhere close to the floor( no damage from collision messing things up either) at least 1.5-2" away so I made a pedal stop and this took some adjustment to get it just right