Thread: Clutch travel
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
I've had these things, with everything else being right, that even a speedy fast shift (off the throttle) is a bit of a problem on a brand new TKO. It's generally not just one gear, it's all of them. This goes back to the syncro being a bit too small, and not being able to slow down the inertia of the much larger gears.

The TKX was supposed to address some of these issues. They've either changed the lining or the taper of the syncro/gear design for more gripping power.

Here is a short video that explains things. Easy to see why the smaller T5 with better syncro design, as well as the T56's with better syncro designs shift so much easier. The TKO is still using an antiquated syncro design that was developed in 1938, and to make it worse, they made the gears bigger and heavier. That's why it's worthwhile to have a syncro upgrade in these things.

https://youtu.be/MXsRfbOiBhE
Yes its all the gears. Break in period is over so I am about to switch to the GM synchromesh that they recommended I do after break in. Its supposed to be good stuff. Hope it helps