View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcmike View Post
Great information. Some possible feedback (hopefully I didn't miss anything). And keep in mind, I'm not a Megasquirt user so I don't know all the features.

Ch 2: Didn't see anything mentioned about ECT modifiers to help with cold start operation. Maybe not a feature within some/all or the MS variants?

Ch 3: Garbage In/Out. I feel it's important to have consumable components (like spark plugs and air filters) either new or at least low mileage and good condition. Tuning around components near their useful end of life will throw off results later down the road. They're not that expensive, so when in doubt... change them out.
Good feedback, thanks!

On the ECT Modifier comment-- I'll add ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) to the glossary, I had included CLT which is what I more commonly used, and had missed adding ECT as an alternate term that's used. As for how it's used for particular modifiers, there are several fueling modifiers that are ECT/CLT based. Afterstart Enrichment, Warmup Enrichment, etc. There are also cranking modifiers to help deal with things like sensor heatsoak after a hot shutdown. As you referenced chapter 2 though, are you specifically asking about Ignition Timing modifiers based on coolant temps?

GIGO: Great feedback. I'll add a 'to do' to my list to revisit that chapter and add some commentary on these 'basics' that can often be overlooked. That'll make a good addition.

I've got some more writing to do in that chapter at some point anyways, I think it's going to become 'The Four Stages of Success', with 'Planning' inserted at the beginning.

Thanks!

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!