View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
Good job finding the leak. But this falls under the fundamentals of using EFI with O2 sensor feedback. No leaks from the exhaust flange to at least 18" past the sensor location.
Oh no doubt but that’s more or less what my main point was. I know I said vacuum but I meant to type vacuum/exhaust. If you have an issue that isn’t explainable otherwise you likely have one of those two leaks (RFI Aside) You have something that is giving the system a false parameter. So you really have to pull out all the stops to make sure you don’t have one.

My case proves that it only takes a little one if it’s in the right place. Initially I thought I probably had a vacuum leak. When I eliminated all of those potential spots the collector gaskets were the first thing I changed. Figuring those to be the culprit. Being the closest to the sensor.

Secondary point is I see people ALL THE TIME saying that the systems are junk, that they have three friends who took them off to put carbs back on. They aren’t junk. You just have to be willing to track down any of those false parameters.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports