View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdiesel View Post

I went from a well running Qjet and separate trans controller (4l80e) to the 4150 Stealth Terminator because of the integrated trans controller and ignition. I have had my fair share of struggles.
Thats the other thing people need to ask themselves. Is this just a carb replacement, or are you going to take advantage of the extras that these systems provide. If its just a carb replacement I dont think they are worth it. You really need to be using the computer timing, fan controller, transmission controllers etc for it to really be worth the money.

Currently Im not using the timing stuff but thats coming. Honestly for me having a heads up display has been worth it, but everyone wont feel that way. I had that little three gauge pod below the dash that most old hot rods have. Now its up in my vision where I can actually see it.

I never considered going back. I was always confident in my troubleshooting ability to be able to figure it out. That said, I did have a little buyers remorse after. I kinda bought it on a whim, and it didnt really add much initially to be worth the cost.

I was actually driving it today and the display or maybe the whole system started resetting several times while driving. I had the battery disconnected earlier so Im hoping I just didnt have the terminals on good. I have it disconnected and charging now. Ill put some miles on it tomorrow and see whats up.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports