View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 10:22 AM

Default Looking for my Dad's 78 TA SE?

I'm trying unsuccessfully to truly figure out the model of Trans Am that my father owned. My Father purchased it from a good friend of his named Charlie Box in i believe 1985 or so. It was a 1978 TA it was black on black on black. The trim on the car was not gold though it was a metallic blue. All the writing from the side of the shaker hood to the pinstripe on the side and the TRANS AM on the back were written in this electric blue The car was a manual Hurst shifter on the floor and I always thought it was a 5 speed for some reason.It did not have snowflake rims. The car had power windows, power locks, a chrome formula steering wheel and the dash was silver It also had a 8track player.We were always told that the car was some sort of special edition and had been upgraded in some way.I've yet to see one online with this package. Oh and very importantly there was NO chicken on the hood and no ttops. I cannot even find a photo of a 78 TA with a hurst shifter on the floor.Can anyone help me.