View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 05:27 PM

Default 1962 Grand Prix - What do I do with it?

I’m looking for some advice. I have inherited a 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix from my father a few years back. He had owned it since about 1972 and I grew up with him racing it and taking it to car shows. It was a part of the Detroit drag racing scene and has 45k original miles. As it turns out, it’s a ‘28J’ coded engine, which was a 425A tri-power engine; one of 32 produced.

I’ve gone through this car entirely over the last 8 years. New (original) interior, hot running 455 (462), and all kinds of goodies. As it turns out, my father had kept the original engine and transmission for the car, although the tri power setup is missing. I now have them wrapped in plastic and set aside.

Now, what do I do with the car? It’s a great running car that get’s attention wherever it goes. The car isn’t cut at all, besides a big hole in the hood from his drag racing days and could be brought back to original with enough money. The reality is, however, I already have quite a bit into the car and dumping in more money to make the car less drivable/powerful would be a tough sell to mama. Rare Pontiacs tend not to fetch the big $ of other rare brands, so I don’t really blame her.

What would the Pontiac guys do? And what’s the value of such a thing? Thanks in advance and happy to answer any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1962GP1.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	632683   Click image for larger version

Name:	1962GP Engine Bay.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	632684   Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 GP Interior.jpg
Views:	273