View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They're here! Price is high at $82.00 each, but at least they exist! Here's the details

For high end engine builders that do not know, COMETIC gaskets are taking over the head gasket world. They are possibly better than copper and o-rings for holding cylinder pressure, able to control water without leaking like copper, and can be re-used several times. MLS stands for Multi-Layer Steel, three layers; outer layers are viton coated spring steel, inner is 304 stainless

Gasket bore and thickness:

4.300" bore .040" thick

4.300" bore .054" thick

4.160" bore .040" thick

3.950" bore .040" thick

Above sizes are in stock, if you are looking for a different bore size, let me know it may be possible to get it during a gasket production run. You will be waiting a while before receiving special orders and it will be a money up front deal. But for you Super stock guys looking for every CC, I may be able to get what you are trying to find. Also available in special order is thickness range from .030 to .130 these will also be a wait.

Unfortunately for those running IA engines, at 4.350 bore and larger makes the fire ring land on the block water holes. For a big bore gasket to work, deck will have to be plugged, resurfaced, and redrilled with smaller water holes. If you have an IA block you may have done these things or dry decked your engine already. I may contract cometic for another tool to make these gaskets at a later date. If you are interested in sponsoring or co-sponsoring this project email me.

I can be reached at pietrzak@bright.net or 1-419-560-1004, sorry I don't have a credit card machine, but I can take paypal using the email pietrzak@bright.net