View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 09:00 PM
Senior Chief

The NMCA soon turned into the Nitrous Nationals and moved further away from the original grassroots musclecar crowd. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed watching Tony Christianson, Pat Musi, Annette Summers, etc duke it out. However soon they were dropping classes to accommodate the growing nitrous classes. Then it grew too big for the original promoters and they sold it.

I had another "issue" at Norwalk during a NMCA event. My last time trial the transmission was whining bad and I barely made it to my pit. I figured it was the pump making the noise. I dropped the pan to find it full of debris and the filter clogged. I went to the track announcer and he put out a request for a Turbo 400 filter. Another racer had a spare transmission and said I could remove the fiter and have it. I sent my dad to the vendor section to pick up trans fluid. I cleaned the pan, installed it and dumped in the fluid as they were making the last call for my class. I fired up the car and put it in gear, no noise and it jumped. I told my dad I was heading to staging lanes and at least would get a few points staging for one round. I pulled in the back of the staging lanes as the last few cars were left. Put my dial in on the window and checked to see who I was running and if they were faster or slower. Knew I had to do my normal routine and hope for the best. I did my burnout and everything seemed fine. Staged the car, left hard, hit second hard, hit high hard, and won that round. I made a couple other rounds and scored enough points to stay in the lead. Got home and had the transmission completely gone through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0175.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	597019