View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 08:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by will slow gto View Post
Thanks for the update and report on the Ames sport steering wheel. Been thinking about upgrading my standard wheel, good to hear it all works as it should. We’re anxious to see you get on the road with this!
I am happy with the wheel kit. It didn't come with every screw you need but I found what I needed in the box that I throw all my extra ones in from other jobs. It doesn't come with instructions either so it took me a while to figure out how it all goes together. You do have to cut the horn contact pin as the one they give you is too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Looking great!
On those long piece of trim I gave up and started polishing them after they were installed. Tedious ... but not as tedious as maneuvering a big piece of trim at the buffing wheel.
Thanks.
I can't imagine how tedious polishing stainless on the car would be. I've never tried it.
I don't have any trouble with maneuvering the long stainless with my free standing polisher with the long shafts and large wheels. Always have to be thinking about your holding angles though.

I've still been plugging away on my project and will have an update coming in within the next day or 2.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: