View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 07:53 PM
Senior Chief

Job done. I used an oer kick panel. It was ok but I'd bet an original would have fit better. At least the seal on the door is new though.

I forgot about the 4th bolt on top of the park brake assembly and was perplexed why it would not even wiggle with the other three nuts off.

After getting the brake and original kick panel out I vacuumed about a cup of rust dirt gravel out of the cowl area. I recently flushed it with garden hose and blew out the rocker drains with compressed air so I was surprised there was any dirt left.

Like Bruce wrote you want a really soft sealant. I think it is more important in the non ac kick panel because of the extra duct that sticks in the cowl vs the ac panel. 3m caulk seal.

I think the oer panel made this hard to install because I really had to put a lot of force to slide it towards the firewall while trying to get the first screw started. It was also difficult to get the edge over the pinch weld on the rocker area. Even after all that the screw holes didn't line up exactly. But I got them all in.

It works excellent though. Took it for a quick spin and at 25mph I opened the vent and got a good supply of air. It was more than I thought would flow through.

Oh and if you forget to attach the release cable before bolting the parking brake back on. You can still reattach it with it in place.