View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 08:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Roger have you sorted out your rocker trim yet? I know you went with aftermarket for your extensions, how about the main rocker? I just ordered a full kit from Ames, back ordered ... wondering if you have all yours yet.
I purchased a pair of the main rocker trim stainless from Ames a couple of weeks ago and have received them. First glance they look very nice but I haven't taken the protective film off of them yet. My original rocker extensions appear to be in fine shape and would only need to be polished up. However from what I understand, Pontiac stopped putting the extensions on '69 GTOs sometime during the mid-production run. I have decided to not put them on my car as I don't think they really add anything to the looks of the car.

If it's just the extensions that are on back order, you can have mine. If you do buy just the main pair from Ames, make sure they don't charge you the oversize charge twice since they ship in the same box. They did with mine but I called and they refunded the second charge to me.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO

Last edited by roger1; 09-24-2022 at 08:24 AM.