View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 07:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Despite Ames saying they were back ordered the appear to have sent the whole kit ... at least they charged me for them and I have a package coming from UPS that weighs 10 lbs. only thing else I ordered was some small clips ... which I don't think weight ten pounds.

Sorry Roger, I confused the rocker extensions with your windshield post trim ( I came across the same polishing issue with my extensions that you had with your post trim)

Several times now Ames has charged me double shipping .... I'll add something like a 0.1 oz clip or bolt and someone how the shipping jumps $10 even though it all comes in the same box. Shipping for the rocker kit and a few very small items was $56 from NH to NY .. somehow I still end up paying shipping for tiny parts that I'm sure will be in the same box ... they gotta sort that stuff, it gets annoying.
So I removed my new pair of rocker stainless from the board they shipped them on and removed the film. The shine on them is very good and at first glance I thought they were good to mount without any work. Then I saw that one of them had a small ding right in the middle. A ding in these would show up like a sore thumb (at least to me it would). I decided to fix myself rather than send it back since it was just one ding. I flattened it with a hammer and wood dowel with a sandbag backup and then filed with 180 grit on a paint stick piece. Then 320,400,600,800 and 1000. Now ready to polish.

Btw, I see what 68ragtop meant about ripples but I think it would be over critical to complain about it. You pretty much have to put your eye right up to the end to be able to see it. Like he said, you'd never see it when mounted on the car.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: