View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

The PHS document would answer it all....

There's some things to think about concerning this probable car.
The Smokey and the Bandit cars were 76's with 77 sheet metal. THere's a VERY good thread, not too long ago here, I believe in the lobby.LOT'S of stuff happened to those movie cars.

76 455 TA's were only available with 4 speeds, there was a space problem with the TH400 and the catalytic converter under the car. So that be possible.

I don't know if the question was ever answered, concerning 455's the the movie cars...

I graduated High School in spring of 1977, bought my car the same month. Started going to night school at local Junior College. THere were several TA's in parking lot (Sounds crazy if it happened now...) One was a 76 black TA, 455 4 speed, had Hooker headers with the Hooker side pipes. I got to know him. We talked several times. Us TA nerds tried to park together if possible.

One evening after school, I am putz'n down the 4 lane by the college, ans Joe pulls up beside me giving me the forward finger, to race. I stomped on my 400 for all it had, expecting to get smoked........didn't happen. It was a dead heat, he couldn't pull away from me. His fuzzbuster went off, at about 100 MPH, we both shut down, nothing happened. A ticket in my new TA was NOT something I needed.

I will try to find that thread and bring it to the top, maybe someone can post a link, sorry I can't, yet...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following User Says Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post: